Given that Quordle is like Wordle but a lot harder, there’s no shame if you’re searching for the daily Quordle answers for game #233. Or rather ‘answers’ plural, as Quordle has four solutions to find each day.
If you’ve not played it yet, you should — it offers four times the fun of the original viral word game. But it’s arguably more than four times as difficult, as you only have nine guesses to find the quartet of words. (Some days Wordle is harder of course — although today’s Wordle answer is not too bad.)
Like Wordle, it also resets each day, so if you miss one game you’ll have no way of knowing what the previous daily Quordle answers were. Well, unless you bookmark this page, in which case you’ll be able to check today’s Quordle answers at your leisure, as I’ll be updating it each morning.
But be warned: spoilers lie ahead for game #233, so only read on if you want to know today’s Quordle answers! And please don’t use this page to cheat and pretend to others that you got it right when you didn’t really. That would be a misuse of my hard work.
Today’s Quordle hints, game #233, Wednesday, September 14
Before I get on to today’s Quordle answers, I’ll give you a few hints to guide you in the right direction. I’ve got three starter clues for you, then one big hint at the end. And after that I’ll tell you the answers, promise.
So, here are your starter clues:
- Only three vowels are used*
- One of the answers contains repeated letters
- Three answers contain two vowels*
* By vowel I’m meaning A, E, I, O, U. There are other letters that are sometimes considered to be vowels, depending on how they are used.
The daily Quordle answers for game #233 are not too bad, but here’s another clue to give you an advantage with one of them anyway: One of today’s Quordle answers is the post of a raised platform.
Sill stuck? Then let’s move on to the answers.
Today’s Quordle answers, game #233, Wednesday, September 14
So, what are today’s Quordle answers for game #233?
I won’t make you wait any longer — here you go:
The daily Quordle answers for game #233 are really not too bad today, but you’ll still want a good strategy to help solve it — because Quordle is never easy as such.
My approach involves playing three set words at the outset in order to eliminate or confirm as many common letters as possible.
At the moment, those three words are ORATE, DINGY and CLUBS, and they’ve so far given me decent results. In fact, it was better than that today, with all five letters turning green or yellow for two words, and four for the other two.
CIGAR, in the top right, and ANGLE, in the top left, were therefore just simple anagrams to solve. That left two slightly more difficult puzzles in the bottom quadrants, but the first of those was almost equally easy.
This was the bottom right, where I had green C at the start and R at the end, plus yellow A and E. An ER ending seemed likely, and CAPER was the only word I could find that fit.
Finally, in the bottom left, I had yellow I, T and S, plus a green L in position #4. A starting combination of ST seemed likely here, and combined with a repeated T that gave me the answer, STILT.
All of which meant that I solved today’s Quordle in super-fast time and with two guesses remaining.
Hopefully you all solved it too.
Previous Quordle answers
If you’re looking for a list of older Quordle answers, we can also help. Here’s a list going back 20 games.
- Quordle #232: HEIST, DROWN, ALGAE, BELLE
- Quordle #231: SNEAK, OTHER, VERSE, BADGE
- Quordle #230: MINCE, RACER, BILLY, ULCER
- Quordle #229: CHAFF, LOWLY, SWORE, PAPER
- Quordle #228: CLUMP, POUND, AISLE, WINCH
- Quordle #227: DEVIL, MURAL, SNEAK, LEGGY
- Quordle #226: GLAZE, FLINT, STOOP, ABUSE
- Quordle #225: TODAY, DWELL, WRING, TACIT
- Quordle #224: SOLAR, QUELL, SHUSH, SHARE
- Quordle #223: GOODY, SHAKY, BITTY, DIMLY
- Quordle #222: ZESTY, STICK, GIVEN, GOODY
- Quordle #221: TIBIA, FLAKY, MISER, GRATE
- Quordle #220: WORST, NUTTY, REACT, SNIPE
- Quordle #219: TREND, AMAZE, SAUCE, THINK
- Quordle #218: BROAD, BRACE, HIPPO, GOOEY
- Quordle #217: COUNT, BUGGY, LOAMY, CLOSE
- Quordle #216: CLINK, BELIE, SAUTE, LOCAL
- Quordle #215: USURP, GORGE, HAVEN, CANAL
- Quordle #214: SPANK, FERRY, KOALA, CROWN
- Quordle #213: STALK, TRACK, GAUZE, CHAFE
What else should I know about Quordle?
Quordle is one of the many Wordle clones to have arrived in the wake of Wordle’s huge success. It’s essentially the same game, but you play four versions of it simultaneously and have nine attempts to guess all the answers.
The letters behave as they do in Wordle, turning green if they’re in the right place, yellow if they’re in the word but in the wrong location, and gray if they’re not included in the answer at all.
A nice extra is that though there’s only set puzzle per day, a practice mode is also included. And you might well need it, because it’s pretty difficult.