Given that Quordle is like Wordle but a lot harder, there’s no shame if you’re searching for the daily Quordle answers for game #160. Or rather ‘answers’ plural, as Quordle has four solutions to find each day.
If you’ve not played it yet, you should — it offers four times the fun of the original viral word game. But it’s arguably more than four times as difficult, as you only have nine guesses to find the quartet of words. (Some days Wordle is harder of course — although today’s Wordle answer is not too bad.)
Like Wordle, it also resets each day, so if you miss one game you’ll have no way of knowing what the previous daily Quordle answers were. Well, unless you bookmark this page, in which case you’ll be able to check today’s Quordle answers at your leisure, as I’ll be updating it each morning.
But be warned: spoilers lie ahead for game #160, so only read on if you want to know today’s Quordle answers! And please don’t use this page to cheat and pretend to others that you got it right when you didn’t really. That would be a misuse of my hard work.
Today’s Quordle hints, game #160, Sunday, July 3
Before I get on to today’s Quordle answers, I’ll give you a few hints to guide you in the right direction. I’ve got three starter clues for you, then one big hint at the end. And after that I’ll tell you the answers, promise.
So, here are your starter clues:
- All five vowels are used*
- One of the answers contains a repeated letter
- Two of the answers contain two vowels
* By vowel I’m meaning A, E, I, O, U. There are other letters that are sometimes considered to be vowels, depending on how they are used.
The daily Quordle answers for game #160 are a fairly straightforward bunch, but here’s another clue to give you an advantage with one of them: One of today’s Quordle answers is a type of biting insect.
Sill stuck? Then let’s move on to the answers.
Today’s Quordle answers, game #160, Sunday, July 3
So, what are today’s Quordle answers for game #160?
I won’t make you wait any longer — here you go:
The daily Quordle answers for game #160 are all fairly straightforward. There’s a double R in FURRY, and MIDGE is a relatively obscure word, but they’re about the only major difficulties.
You’ll still want a good strategy to help you solve it, though. Mine involves playing three set words at the outset in order to eliminate or confirm as many common letters as possible. I always start by playing one of the best Wordle start words, in my case STARE, then follow that up with DOILY and PUNCH.
That usually gives me a good head start on the daily Quordle answers, but it was a real mixed bag today, with all five letters turning green or yellow for one puzzle, but only three changing for the other three.
That first puzzle proved very easy: with SON– already in place and with AR to also include, it had to be SONAR.
FURRY, in the bottom right, was more of a guess, given that I only had -U-RY to go by, but it was one of the few words that would fit given the letters I had left. It was a similar story with WRACK, in the top right, but the top left was much more difficult. Here, I only had one green — an E at the end — plus yellow I and D. It took me several minutes to work out that MIDGE was the answer, but I eventually did so and completed this daily Quordle on the final guess. Hopefully you solved it too.
Previous Quordle answers
If you’re looking for a list of older Quordle answers, we can also help. Here’s a list going back 20 games.
- Quordle #159: APNEA, TITAN, NINNY, GAUNT
- Quordle #158: RAMEN, STAID, WOODY, BASTE
- Quordle #157: UTILE, DYING, ENDOW, SULLY
- Quordle #156: CLICK, TONIC, SUITE, TOXIN
- Quordle #155: SWASH, AUDIT, TAMER, TEACH
- Quordle #154: CHIEF, SWIRL, SHUSH, OUTDO
- Quordle #153: AUDIO, SLIME, LUCID, MAGMA
- Quordle #152: MODEL, DRUID, TERSE, UNFIT
- Quordle #151: TWIST, TWICE, CARGO, RATTY
- Quordle #150: TORCH, TROVE, WRACK, SPOON
- Quordle #149: CONCH, CHASE, CROWD, THRUM
- Quordle #148: TREAT, SCALE, MAGMA, BLURT
- Quordle #147: TRAIN, LINEN, BURST, SWEEP
- Quordle #146: CRIED, MACRO, ARMOR, SHEIK
- Quordle #145: PANIC, METAL, AGATE, MODEL
- Quordle #144: VINYL, DOWDY, STEIN, PANEL
- Quordle #143: LOSER, ALLOT, FIXER, SPARK
- Quordle #142: SPOON, SPOOK, SCARF, SNOWY
- Quordle #141: CELLO, SHADE, CAPER, PIANO
- Quordle #140: MANIA, SALTY, PHASE, SWOON
What else should I know about Quordle?
Quordle is one of the many Wordle clones to have arrived in the wake of Wordle’s huge success. It’s essentially the same game, but you play four versions of it simultaneously and have nine attempts to guess all the answers.
The letters behave as they do in Wordle, turning green if they’re in the right place, yellow if they’re in the word but in the wrong location, and gray if they’re not included in the answer at all.
A nice extra is that though there’s only set puzzle per day, a practice mode is also included. And you might well need it, because it’s pretty difficult.